The Engineering Education Australia's (EEA) Professional Year Program in Engineering was developed to equip international engineering graduates, from Australian universities with the skills and experience they need to become job ready and to empower themselves for a rewarding career in engineering. Yorke Institute is one of the approved and licensed providers fully endorsed by EEA to deliver the Professional Year in Engineering across Australia.
The program consists of 32 weeks theoretical training as well as a 12 week mandatory engineering work placement to provide a pathway from study to employment in Australia. The program is designed to help you build up the skills and knowledge you require to perform the duties of a leader in your workplace.
In this program, you will learn how to:
- Assume responsibility for your own performance
- Provide leadership, guidance and support to others
- Organise and monitor the output of your team
- Apply solutions to a range of problems
- Analyse and evaluate information
- And much more.
You'll be expected to attend face-to-face workshops and to complete the course work in your own time.
This program is comprised of the following units of competency:
- Communicate effectively as a workplace leader (BSBLDR401)
- Show leadership in the workplace (BSBMGT401)
- Lead effective workplace relationships (BSBLDR401)
- Lead a diverse workforce (BSBLDR404)
- Lead team effectiveness (BSBLDR403)
- Implement continuous improvement (BSBMGT403)
- Implement operational plan (BSBMGT402)
- Build client relationships and business networks(BSBREL402)
- Conduct work within a compliance framework(BSBCOM406)
- Implement and monitor WHS policies, procedures and programs to meet legislative requirements (BSBWHS401)
- Coordinate implementation of customer service strategies(BSBCUS401)
- Develop work priorities (BSBWOR404)